I feel that there’s much smaller number of Amateur Radio related software built for MAC than for Windows. Unfortunately, at the moment I create this post, I only have MAC, so either I use virtualization or look for HAM applications for MAC.
One of them is FLDIGI. So here’s how I install and configure FLDIGI for My MAC OSX Mojave.
- Download FLDIGI dmg file from http://www.w1hkj.com
- Open the dmg
- Run fldigi and follow the steps
- In Audio Devices, configure accordingly to your setup. In my case I’m using IC-7300 so I choose USB Audio Codec. Don’t forget to check out the other tabs as well.
- To configure RigCAT, find the right .xml file here: http://www.w1hkj.com/files/xmls/icom/
Point out the Rig Description file to the xml file you have downloaded from the url above, then configure the CAT Device and other settings accordingly. Click Next.
- You will see the following screen. Try to change the frequency, mode, bandwidth, etc to check whether your Radio is now responding to the FLDIGI.